President and Founder of Golf for Cause LLC
Debbie Waitkus, speaker, author and business/golf networking consultant is the President and Founder of Golf for Cause®. She is passionate about helping others Turn Golf into Gold®, enriching their lives both personally and professionally.
Waitkus, whose professional background includes tenure as president of a successful mortgage banking firm, is also the author of GET YOUR GOLF ON! ~ Your Guide to Getting in the Game and a contributing author to the EWGA Foundation book: TEEING UP FOR SUCCESS.
As a speaker, she skillfully weaves golf stories into lessons ranging from business and personal development to player development. New, aspiring and hesitant golfers attest that Debbie demystifies golf and rolls out an oversized welcome mat. A seasoned presenter, she has the ability to share information in an upbeat way that resonates well with her audience.
Recognized by the Arizona Golf Association as a Champion of Golf and the YWCA as a Sports Leader, Debbie has collaborated with corporations and not-for-profit organizations in successfully developing and executing charitable giving and outreach plans that have resulted in raising more than $3 million. She considers herself fortunate to have served as co-tournament director, alongside LPGA Co-Founder Marilynn Smith, of the Marilynn Smith LPGA Charity Pro Am, providing scholarships for young women to attend college.
Honors and Recognition:
• Arizona Golf Association - Champion of Golf
• National Women's Golf Alliance - Co-Founder
• Get Your Golf On! - Author
• Marilynn Smith Pro-Am - Tournament Director
• Teeing Up for Success - Contributing Author
• First Tee of Phoenix - Board of Directors
• Women in the Golf Industry - Treasurer, Past-President
• World Golf Foundation - Women's Committee
• Golfweek Magazine - Panelist
• Arizona State University Sports Business Association - Advisory Board
• YWCA - Sports Leader
• University of Arizona - Entrepreneurial Leadership
Turn Golf Into Gold!®